MPI Winter Tire Program
To be eligible for the Winter Tire Program, you must:
- be an individual (not corporate) Manitoba Public Insurance customer
- purchase qualifying winter tires for a passenger vehicle or light truck (gross vehicle weight under 4541 kg) registered under your name
- have no financing restrictions or outstanding payments on your Manitoba Public Insurance account
Looking for a quick way to see if you qualify? Check here.
Additional products and services that can be financed
Customers financing approved winter tires may also receive financing on associated costs. This includes:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- addition of studs to tires (some limitations apply)
- mounting and balancing
- storage costs (if paid during initial purchase)
- switchover costs (if paid during initial purchase)
- wheel alignment
- nitrogen fill
- valve stems
- shop supplies
- applicable taxes and fees
Eligible products and services can be provided by multiple retailers.
The following are not approved for financing:
- repair of tires
- maintenance/storage, unless included as part of the initial cost
- switchover cost, unless included as part of the initial cost
Approved winter tires
Approved tires will display this symbol, as endorsed by Transport Canada and must appear on the list of eligible tires.
Purchasing your winter tires
After determining if you qualify, visit a participating retailer and select your tires. Your retailer will confirm if you qualify, ask you to fill out a few forms and will complete the loan authorization.
Be sure to bring:
- your vehicle registration certificate
- your driver’s licence or identification card
Processing and payments
You can pay for your tires by making monthly, preauthorized payments to Manitoba Public Insurance through your bank account. Your first payment will be withdrawn one month from the date the loan is processed. The following preauthorized payments are withdrawn each month on the withdrawal day you selected.
The loan process can be completed at your chosen retailer. However, if your payments are being made by someone other than yourself, the account holder must first visit an Autopac agent to sign the Preauthorized Payment Agreement.
Estimated payments (at 5% interest)
|$ Financed||One Year||Two Year||Three Year||Four Year|
If your purchase exceeds the $2,000 maximum, you will be required to pay the excess amount.
Winter tires purchased from a retailer not participating in the program
You may still be eligible for financing, as there are no restrictions on where the tires can be purchased. Confirm if you qualify for financing and reimbursement and then bring a copy of your receipt(s) to an Autopac agent. A list of approved tires is available here.
Tires purchased in the U.S.
If tires were purchased in the United States, and the invoice is in US dollars, the invoice amount will be converted to Canadian dollars using the current exchange rate.
Using receipts for re-imbursement and financing from the Winter Tire Program
Tires must have been purchased on or after March 6, 2014.
Please call or visit us:
Murray Chrysler Westman
1550 Richmonbd Avenue Brandon MB